April 26, 2020
What's Open in Devonport at Alert Level 3
Living at Alert Level 4 has been a challenging time for many in our community. We've missed our beaches and maunga, our favorite takeaways, shopping our beautiful boutiques and retailers and the safety and comfort in visits to our professional services. But Devonport...we are almost there...and well done!!
Many of our businesses will physically remain closed but so many will again be operating when we move to Alert Level 3 on Tuesday, 28th April. While we are being encouraged to stay home, similar to the guidelines of Level 4, to make it easy for you to Shop Local and Support Local, here are a list of businesses that will be operating at Alert Level 3.
* NOTE: We will continue to update this page as we learn and about and hear from businesses. If you are a Devonport Business Owner or know of - a business that is open and not on our list, please reach out!
Cafés, Restaurants, Bars & Liquor
- Akdeniz: Will be open from Tuesday 5pm. Ongoing hours Mon & Tues: 5pm-9pm, Wed-Sun: 11am-2.30pm AND 5pm-9pm. To oder, Txt 021 202 5531, delivery is available at lunchtimes. Menu & details available on their Facebook Page.
- Baked: Open from Wed 8am. To order, Txt 09-446 3230 or order online. Orders must be placed the day before as they are baking to order.
- Buona Sera: Open from 5pm Tuesday. Place order via phone at 445 8133. Pick up, or delivery available for $5. Pay by Paywave or purchase e-vouchers through their website. The menu is available here.
- Catch 22: Open from Tuesday. Place orders via phone orders at 445 2225
- Chiasso Coffee Roasters: Open with a collection point setup for takeaway coffee (online orders only). Free delivery (for bean orders) with their own driver for local customers in the Devonport/Takapuna areas.
- Corellis: Open from 7am Tuesday for takeaway coffee and salads, pizza & burgers. Place orders via phone at 445 4151. Pay by cash (exact amount) or card. Menu is here.
- Delissimos Pizza & Takeaway: Open from 5pm Tuesday. Place order via phone at 021 0225 8820 (payments processed over the phone) or order through Uber Eats.
- Devo Coffee: Open daily from 7am Tuesday for takeaway coffee & beans. To order call or text at 021 040 8209 or order at their takeaway window. Pay by Paywave only.
- Devonport Gelato: Open daily from 11:00am - 5:00pm. Please pre-order for pick up via phone at 09 446 0100, text to 021 190 3007 or via email. Check out their Facebook Page for details and flavours!
Devonport Deli Cafe: Open from Tuesday for takeaway coffee/tea/smoothie/shake/iced chocolate/iced coffee/muffins/scones/toasties etc. Place order via phone at 09-445 7777.
Esplanade Hotel Bar & Restaurant: Open daily 10am-8pm from Tuesday. Place order via phone at 445 1291 or via email. Menu available here.
Fish Kitchen: Open from 5pm Thursday. Place order via an online app (details on their website soon). Offering combined takeaway menu with Vic Rd Kitchen.
Five Loaves Cafe: Open from Tuesday, 7.30am-4pm. Place order via their FB page, phone 445 8954 or txt 021 1801859. Payment via cash or internet banking. Menu & details here.
Flying Rickshaw: Open from 12pm Tuesday. Will be offering click & collect service, delivery & Uber Eats. Details to come - watch their Facebook Page.
Harry’s Burgers: Will be open from 5pm on Tuesday. To order download the Regulr App, make your selection, pay within app then head down 5-10 minutes later. If apps aren't your thing you can messege them on FB Messenger.
Hung Viet Cafe: Open from Tuesday, 9am-8.30pm daily. Place orders via phone 446 3368 or email (not via Facebook please). Menu available here.
Lily's Cafe: Will be open from Tuesday for pick up only. Place order via their website.
LiquorLand Devonport: Start ordering from Sunday & collect Tuesday onwards. Order online via website.
McHugh's on Cheltenham: Visit them on their website or call 09 445 0305 for details. You can also visit them on their Facebook Page here.
Manuka: Open from Tuesday. Tues & Wed 7a,-3pm, Thurs-Sun 7am-8.30pm. Place order via the shopfront "walk-though" window or phone at 445 7732. Menu is available here.
Nicolino Restaurant: Open for takeaway, for details visit their website.
Portofino: Open from 5pm Tuesday 28th. Place orders via phone at 445 3777 Menu available here.
Riba Fish n Chips: Open from 4.30pm Tuesday. Place orders via phone only at 446 0877. Payment by eftpos or credit card.
Steamheads Restaurant & Bar: Open from 4:30pm-8:00pm daily for contactless takeaway or delivery. Look over their takeaway menu and place your order online or via phone at 022 638 1548.
The Living Room: Open from Tuesday 29th for pick up/delivery starting Wednesday 30th. Place orders online, via email or phone at 09 446 1010.
The Taste: Open Tue-Thu (5:30pm-9:00pm), Fri-Sun (5:00pm-9:00pm). You can view their menu and place your order online.
Vic Road Kitchen: Open from 5pm Thursday. Place order via an online app (details on their website soon). Offering a combined takeaway menu with Fish Kitchen.
Vondel: Will be open from 9am for coffee & light food, hot meals in the evenings from 4pm-9pm with free delivery. Details to come - watch their Facebook Page!
Waterfront Bar & Grill: Open daily 10am-8pm from Tuesday. Place orders via phone 445 1999. Menu available here.
Boutiques & Retailers
BOOKS & STATIONERY
- Bookmark Secondhand Books: Offering free local delivery. Place order via phone 021 0243 3144 or email. Send your wishlist of authors/subjects and they’ll let you know what they have available. Visit their website for a list of some (but not all) of their stock. You can also find them on Facebook here.
- Fitzgerald Taylor Boutique Stationer: Order Online for home delivery or click & collect from Tuesday 28th.
- Haywards Paper Power: If you need ink cartridges, paper, stationery, etc - call Grant at 021 065 2569
- Paradox Books: Offering free local delivery or in store collection from Tuesday. Place order online or via email
- Devonport Flowers: Open from Tues for Auckland wide delivery (local delivery is free) or contactless collection. Place your order online at their website. NOTE: Please place your Mother's Day orders online by Thursday, 7th May!
HOME & GIFTS
GALLERIES & STUDIOS
- Art by the Sea: Visit their website for information about their gallery or artists or contact them at 09 445 6665 or via Facebook.
- Depot Artspace: Visit their website for to array of things that have going on, including their online Gallery.
- Flagstaff Art Gallery: Visit them on their website for online shopping. On now...special 10% discount for online orders.
- Newton Andrews Gallery: Artwork can be viewed through their shop window at 2 Queens Parade. Questions and orders via phone at 09 445 7422 or 027 350 5029 OR via email. Payment accepted via credit card or internet banking. Safe delivery available.
Home & DIY Project Needs
Medical, Health, Wellness & Fitness
Auto & Marine
- Bridgestone Devonport: Open Tuesday, 28 April at 9am. Usual hours may vary during Level 3 - please call 445 8381 to arrange an appointment.
- Kevin Johnson Boat Builders: Visit their website or email them for details.
- Wynyard Street Motors: Open Tuesday, 28 April at 9am. Usual hours may vary during Level 3 - please call 445 1357 to arrange an appointment.
Back to blog